[Rd] Compilation problems

André Z. D. A. andrezda10 at yandex.com
Sat Aug 16 05:03:54 CEST 2014

It is not a virtual machine. But every process has it's memory limited. And Java will insanely (try to) reserve 1/4 of memory for its heap on every run, by default. Ugly language, that would be at least 3GB on this server. So the fix is -Xms and -Xmx passed using _JAVA_OPTIONS variable. Now it happily runs saying:

"Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx64m -Xms6m"