[Rd] Is using devtools::release no longer allowed?

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:53:24 CEST 2014

Given the seeming need for automated submission to CRAN, perhaps the repos
maintainers could consider making a function available that allows one to
do so, for example
  source("http://www.cran.r-project.org/submit_to_cran.R")
  submit_to_cran("PACKAGE.TARBALL", REQUIRED_ARGUMENTS)
or perhaps be interested in a community developed script?  Although I
recognize how easy it is for me to suggest work for others, it seems like
such a script would cut down on everyones work, long-term.

Best,
Kasper