[Rd] Is using devtools::release no longer allowed?

Jeroen Ooms jeroenooms at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:05:56 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> I hereby offer one beer to the first person who shows me how to use RSelenium
> to drive the webform from a script.

Below is a simple script that simulates the form. No crazy RSelenium
browser interactions; I just reverse engineered the HTML form. Tested
and it works.

https://gist.github.com/jeroenooms/48be418e87100d7ea1a2

Not sure if CRAN maintainers will appreciate this, though. The "I have
read the CRAN policies" confirmation page is probably there for a
reason. Also the script will obviously break if CRAN decides to change
the form parameters. However I do agree with many others that some way
to automate the submission process is useful. Perhaps Uwe can comment.