[Rd] R on the Cydia Store

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Dec 9 17:44:05 CET 2014

On Dec 9, 2014 6:38 AM, "Apps Embedded" <apps.embedded at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have published an Android app called R Console on the Play Store since
> Décember 2013.
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsopensource.R
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsopensource.Rpremium
>
> In the mean time, we have developped its equivalent app for the App Store.
> We released it on march 2014. We have been approved from this date by Apple
> to publish it world wide.
> Recently, we learnt that GPL app are not compatible with the App Store
> distribution licence.

What I would like to write here, would fall under "this is certainly
not a topic for R devel", so I refrain.

However, I can say that it's likely your problems wouldn't have stopped there;

[R] R on the iPhone/iPad? Not so much....a GPL violation
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-June/240901.html

/Henrik