[Rd] CRAN and ggplot2 geom and stat extensions

Frank Harrell f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Dec 23 16:34:48 CET 2014

I am thinking about adding several geom and stat extensions to ggplot2
in the Hmisc package.  To do this requires using non-exported ggplot2
functions as discussed in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18108406/creating-a-custom-stat-object-in-ggplot2

If I use the needed ggplot2::: notation the package will no longer pass
CRAN checks.  Does anyone know of a solution?  I'm assuming that Hadley
doesn't want to export these functions or he would have done so a long
time ago because of the number of users who have asked questions related
to this.

Frank
Frank E Harrell Jr 	Professor and Chairman 	School of Medicine

	Department of *Biostatistics* 	*Vanderbilt University*

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]