[Rd] help with gotoExitingHandler(R_NilValue, call, entry); . Implementation of error handling internally

Romain François romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Thu Feb 27 08:13:23 CET 2014

Of course one problem is that R hides things that I need for this, such as R_HandlerStack and R_ReturnedValue.

I understand they have to be hidden, in which case can we have an exposed mechanism similar to what R_ToplevelExec does, but with the added functionality of giving access to the condition where R_ToplevelExec would return TRUE.

Would someone be willing to review a patch to R with this added functionality. Please.

In any case, I still would like some comments about my initial question about R_NilValue use in gotoExitingHandler(R_NilValue, call, entry);

Romain