[Rd] Sweave trims console output in "tex" mode

Kirill Müller kirill.mueller at ivt.baug.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 3 01:53:43 CET 2014

On 01/03/2014 01:45 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> You are running with the strip.white option set to TRUE.  That strips
> blank lines at then beginning and end of each output piece.  Just set
> strip.white=FALSE.
Thanks, the code below works perfectly. I have also found the
documentation in ?RweaveLatex .

I'm not sure if the default setting is sensible for "results=tex",
though. Has this changed in the recent past?

-Kirill

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
<<inline,echo=FALSE,results=tex,strip.white=FALSE>>=
cat("a\n")
cat("b\n \n")
cat("c\nd")
@