[Rd] reference class internals

Norm Matloff matloff at cs.ucdavis.edu
Fri Jan 10 04:53:56 CET 2014

Thanks, Hadley and Simon.

The reason I asked today was that when reference classes first came out,
it had appeared to me that there is no peformance advantage to using
reference classes, that it was mainly a style issue (encapsulation,
etc.).  Unless I'm missing something, both of you have confirmed my
original impression, correct?

Norm