[Rd] [R-SIG-Mac] My first package

Federico Calboli f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 15:58:08 CET 2014

On 20 Jan 2014, at 14:51, Gábor Csárdi <csardi.gabor at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 4:31 AM, Federico Calboli <f.calboli at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> [...]
> Is it?  this is news to me.  I have a grand total of 2 packages up and I never ever used R-devel, and never ever had a problem, had a report of a problem or had a note from CRAn about my packages not being ok because I built them with R-relase (or whatever it might be called) and not R-devel.
>
> From the CRAN repository policy, that you also read and agreed to:

To be honest I have little time to read the byzantine requirements of the policies but

> "Please ensure that R CMD check --as-cran has been run on the tarball to be uploaded before submission. This should be done with the current version of R-devel (or if that is not possible, current R-patched or the current release of R.)"

I do that *with the current release of R* and I never had an issue whatsoever.  Incidentally the words 'This should be done with the current version of R-devel (or if that is not possible, current R-patched or the current release of R' translate in plainspeak 'run R CMD check --as-cran with whatever version of R provided it's not outdated'.