[Rd] create R package include Fortran source code.

Charles Berry ccberry at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 22 06:13:06 CEST 2014

yiqun yang <emiliawxr <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for your reply.
> First I try "R CMD INSTALL barpkg", then it gives similiar things:

[deleted]

> 2) I don't know how to check the "compile" problem. I just try to
> "dyn.load" the shared object in /src-i386 and /src-x64 in the package, and
> they both work well.
>
> I am guessing there is some error in the R language.
> ".First.lib"<-function(libname,pkgname){library.dynam("barpkg",pkgname,
> libname)}
> barfun<-function(n,x){
>    .Fortran("bar",as.integer(n),as.double(x))
> }
> package.skeleton(name="barpkg",list=c("barfun"))
>
> I am not sure about this part. Can anyone give me some suggestion?

?.First.lib

refers to the base-defunct {base} help page which says:

[...]

# Defunct in 2.14.0
.First.lib(lib, pkg)

[...]
Details

Some of these have stubs which report that they are defunct, but most have
been removed completely (apart from being documented here).
[...]

====

So, don't use .First.lib.

Try a useDynLib directive in your NAMESPACE file.

You probably need to spend some time pondering

  Writing R Extensions

especially section

1.5.4 useDynLib

HTH,