[Rd] index.search

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Mon Jun 16 03:22:17 CEST 2014

Dear r-devel,

I am trying to automatically check if two successive versions of a
package have the same results (i.e. code not broken), by parsing the
example sections for each function against a previously tested
version.

While trying to replicate the code from example(), I am facing an
error related with te "index.search" function (line 7 in the example()
code).
This is the code I am using:

example2 <- function (topic, package = NULL, lib.loc = NULL,
character.only = FALSE,
    give.lines = FALSE, local = FALSE, echo = TRUE, verbose =
getOption("verbose"),
    setRNG = FALSE, ask = getOption("example.ask"), prompt.prefix =
abbreviate(topic, 6), run.dontrun = FALSE)
{
    if (!character.only) {
        topic <- substitute(topic)
        if (!is.character(topic))
            topic <- deparse(topic)[1L]
    }
    pkgpaths <- find.package(package, lib.loc, verbose = verbose)
    file <- index.search(topic, pkgpaths, TRUE)
    return(file)
}

> example2("deMorgan", package="QCA")
Error in example2("deMorgan", package = "QCA") :
  could not find function "index.search"

I've tried an explicit library(utils), with the same result.
?index.search doesn't yield anything better...

Could anyone point me in the right direction, please?
Thank you,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa