[Rd] rJava Java debugger API

rmohan radhakrishnan.mohan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 08:43:10 CEST 2014

Hi,
     I use rJava and call Java code that uses JVMTI code like this

      VM vm = VM.getVM();
       Universe universe = vm.getUniverse();
        CollectedHeap heap = universe.heap();

This code attaches to another JVM and to get its internals. This is legal
Java and it works. But when I use rJava to call this code, the call is
successfull and it throws an error. I believe there  is Java native
Interface involved in the JVM and it seems to affect R. rJava is 0.9

> version
               _
platform       x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0
arch           x86_64
os             darwin10.8.0
system         x86_64, darwin10.8.0
status
major          3
minor          1.0
year           2014
month          04
day            10
svn rev        65387
language       R
version.string R version 3.1.0 (2014-04-10)
nickname       Spring Dance

Thanks,
Mohan

Error: C stack usage  140730070087404 is too close to the limit
Error: C stack usage  140730070156700 is too close to the limit
> Warning: stack imbalance in '.Call', 59 then -1
Warning: stack imbalance in '{', 56 then -4

 *** caught bus error ***
address 0x100583fd8, cause 'non-existent physical address'

 *** caught bus error ***
address 0x100583fd8, cause 'non-existent physical address'

Traceback:
 1: run(timeoutMs)
 2: service(timeout)

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
Selection: run(10)

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x20057ea40, cause 'memory not mapped'