[Rd] what is the current correct repos structure for mac osx binaries?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 18 09:09:53 CEST 2014

On 17/06/2014 21:38, Skye Bender-deMoll wrote:
> Please forgive another comment on this topic.

But it is not on the topic ... this function is run on a single directory.

> The 'type' argument to tools::write_PACKAGES doesn't currently accept
> the 'mac.binary.mavericks' value.  It seems like it should, to make it
> possible to pass the same 'type' argument to all of the package
> generation and manipulation functions?
>
>  > tools::write_PACKAGES(type='mac.binary.mavericks')
> Error in match.arg(type) :
>    'arg' should be one of “source”, “mac.binary”, “win.binary”

Functions 'should' do what they are documented to do:

     type: Type of packages: currently source ‘.tar.gz’ archives, and
           Mac or Windows binary (‘.tgz’ or ‘.zip’, respectively)
           packages are supported.  Defaults to ‘"win.binary"’ on
           Windows and to ‘"source"’ otherwise.

All Mac binary packages are .tgz.  We had Universal and Leopard packages
for a long time with using type = "mac.binary" here.  The
specializations of that type are only used where needed.

It does do the job it was designed and documented to do.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk