[Rd] operation on ‘numsels’ may be undefined

Romain François romain at r-enthusiasts.com
Mon Jun 23 15:45:00 CEST 2014

Le 23 juin 2014 à 15:20, cstrato <cstrato at aon.at> a écrit :

> Dear all,
>
> Since many years the following C++ code does compile on ALL Bioconductor servers (Linux, Windows, Mac) without any warnings:
>
>   Int_t numsels = 0;  //number of selected entries
>   for (Int_t i=0; i<size; i++) {
>      numsels = (arrMask[i] == 1) ? ++numsels : numsels;
>   }//for_i

This is confusing. I would write the loop body like this:

numsels += (arrMask[i] == 1) ;

or preferably using the STL:

Int_t numsels = std::count( begin(arrMask), end(arrMask), 1 ) ;

or some other variation of this, i.e. perhaps you don’t have a C++11 compiler, so perhaps one of these depending on what is arrMask:

Int_t numsels = std::count( arrMask.begin(), arrMask.end(), 1 ) ;
Int_t numsels = std::count( arrMask, arrMask + size, 1 ) ;

Romain