[Rd] [GSoC student proposal] Implementation of Modified Weibull-G Family Distribution in R

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:52:19 CET 2014

Dr M Aleem <aleemiubdr <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Brian and R team,
>
> I am Dr. Aleem and I want to participate as a student in GSoC 2014 in the
> development of R. I have extensive experience in Statistical research and
> development and I am a student of advanced statistics applications. I
> strongly believe that the inclusion of Modified Weibull-G Family
> Distribution in R will significanlty help the reseasrch community in doing
> reliability/survival analyses. I have expertise in these areas and I would
> like to be part of open source development and implement it. May I ask you
> for potential mentor(s) who can be my supervisor for GSoC 2014.
>  The details
> of project is following:

  [snip snip snip]

  I'm not commenting one way or the other on the value of the project
or its suitability for GSoC, but: at least as presented, I can't see
any reason at all that this project can't be done as a package
(just like the other 3000+ packages on CRAN that implement valuable
added functionality).  Also, therefore, no need to get R-Core to
sign off on the project (unless that is needed for GSoC purposes).
Asking around for a potential mentor on the R lists seems reasonable,
although I don't know whether R-devel or R-help would be a better
venue.

 good luck,
  Ben Bolker