[Rd] version numbers for CRAN submissions that give warnings/notes

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Thu Mar 6 20:39:11 CET 2014

It often happens that I submit a new revision of a package, say
mypkg-1.0-10, from R-Forge
to CRAN after running R CMD check locally and looking at the log files
on R-Forge.
But R-Forge has the devel checks disabled, and I get an email from CRAN
pointing out
some new warning or note I'm asked to correct.

OK, I correct this and commit a new rev to R-Forge.  But, is it still
required to bump the
version number to mypkg-1.0-11 before resubmitting to CRAN, even though
mypkg-1.0-10
did not make it there?

To do so means also modifying the DESCRIPTION, NEWS and
mypkg-package.Rd files even for a minor warning or note.

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods