[Rd] [RFC] A case for freezing CRAN

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 21 03:48:30 CET 2014

----- Original Message -----

These are good points. Not only do maintainers think twice (or more) before updating packages but it also seems that there are CRAN policies that discourage frequent updates. Whereas Bioconductor welcomes frequent updates because they usually fix problems and help us understand interoperability/dependency issues. Probably the main reason for this difference is the existence of a devel branch where breakage can happen and it's not the end of the world.