[Rd] Inconsistency in vector printing depending on length

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Fri May 16 22:58:41 CEST 2014

> It seems that when a vector has 10 elements, it prints out differently than
> one with 9 (extra space before the opening bracket). I can't see why this
> is happening.

It is happening because the print routine wants to be ready to print
all the line-beginning [index] tags aligned with each other.  With
every power of ten in length it will need an extra space.  I guess that
when it does this it doesn't check whether it will need to make an [index]
tag for the tail end of the vector.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com