[Rd] Pkg creation: Sweave: multiple files vignette: Error in R CMD check

rolandh at uni-muenster.de rolandh at uni-muenster.de
Thu Nov 6 15:44:10 CET 2014

Hello R-developers!

First I want to thank Duncan, Sean and Ben (off-list-communication) for your
comments and suggestions!

Unfortunetly the renaming of the child.Rnw file to e.g. child.sub and also the
usage of an other file type like child.txt did not solve the Problem.
I got an ERROR in the beginning of the check process:
###
** installing vignettes
   ‘Master.Rnw’ using ‘UTF-8’
Error in SweaveReadFile(c(ifile, file), syntax, encoding = encoding) :
  no Sweave file with name ‘./TitlePage.sub’ found
ERROR: installing vignettes failed
* removing ‘/tmp/Rtmp1iHmcw/Rinst1bc110488fde/trajaggr’
      -----------------------------------
ERROR: package installation failed
###

I found a workaround which passes the "installing vignettes" process. In this
workaround the child.Rnw file (here: TitlePage.Rnw) is placed in a subfolder
of the  vignettes folder and \SweaveInput{} in the Master.Rnw-file looks like
this:
\SweaveInput{../../../../../../../../home/harry/.../R/R_wd/myPkg/.../vignettes/TitlePage/TitlePage.Rnw}
..

(By the way I do not see the difference between this and the original approach
with \SweaveInput{TitlePage/TitlePage.Rnw})

Unfortunetly there is still an issue related to this workaround!
I got a NOTE related to "checking re-building of vignette outputs" in the end
of the check process:
###
* checking running R code from vignettes ...
   ‘Master.Rnw’ using ‘UTF-8’ ... OK
 OK
* checking re-building of vignette outputs ... NOTE
Error in re-building vignettes:
Fehler: Verarbeitung der Vignette 'Master.Rnw' mit folgender Diagnose
fehlgeschlagen:
no Sweave file with name
‘./../../../../../../../../../home/harry/.../R/R_wd/myPkg/.../vignettes/TitlePage/TitlePage.Rnw’
found
###

[This workaround idea came from:
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Sweave-absolute-path-versus-relative-path-td3950135.html]

I am a newbie related to package creation and I am confused why the Sweave
file now is found in the beginning (original problem) but not in the end (new
NOTE in R CMD check)?
It seems to be a path problem. Is the "checking re-building of vignette
outputs" done out of another origin/ folder, e.g. like out of a temporal
created package source and / or out of /inst/doc? If it is like that this NOTE
seems to be unsolvable!?!
Any suggestions what to do to solve this?

Thank you very much again!
Cheers!
Roland