[Rd] Problem with build and check

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Nov 12 20:34:02 CET 2014

'Writing R Extensions', section 2.1 Rd format, says"

Comments run from a percent symbol % to the end of the line in all types of
text (as on the first line of the load example).

Because backslashes, braces and percent symbols have special meaning, to
enter them into text sometimes requires escapes using a backslash. In
general balanced braces do not need to be escaped, but percent symbols
always do. For the complete list of macros and rules for escapes, see “Parsing
Rd files” <http://developer.r-project.org/parseRd.pdf>.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com