[Rd] Changing style for the Sweave vignettes

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Thu Nov 13 12:36:55 CET 2014

On 11/13/2014 05:09 AM, January Weiner wrote:
> As a user, I am always annoyed beyond measure that Sweave vignettes
> precede the code by a command line prompt. It makes running examples
> by simple copying of the commands from the vignette to the console a
> pain. I know the idea is that it is clear what is the command, and
> what is the output, but I'd rather precede the output with some kind
> of marking.
>
> Is there any other solution possible / allowed in vignettes? I would
> much prefer to make my vignettes easier to use for people like me.

I agree with Søren that this is not the right list, but to complete the
thread...

See the examples in

?vignette

start just above

## Now let us have a closer look at the code

All vignette's are compiled.  You can trivially extract all the code
used for any vignette in R, including any code not displayed in the text
and hidden from the user, from within R, or saved out to an editor so
you can source it line by line from Rstudio (or vim or emacs or...).
That's the whole point.

Regards,

Brian

--