[Rd] tools::testInstalledBasic

richard h rich.r.maillist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 15:23:19 CET 2014

Dear users,

I have a problem when using the testInstalledBasic function in the tools
package on my windows 7 machine. I specified the environment variables as
stated in the Installation and administration manual (Sys.setenv(LC_COLLATE
= "C", LANGUAGE = "en")) and ran the function on an installation without
additional packages. However the test fails on the script "reg-tests-2.R".

I think that the problem is the fact that the local LC_ALL should be set to
"C" to correctly compare the results for read.csv("EmbeddedNuls.csv"). This
locale is set within the function however all test scripts are submitted
using CMD BATCH. Therefore setting the locale within the function seems to
have no effect. I tried setting the locale within Rprofile.site but within
CMD BATCH --vanilla is used. Are my assumptions correct and if so does
anybody know a solution for this problem?

Thank you,
Richard

sessionInfo:

R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31)
Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]