[Rd] testing dontrun examples

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 21:08:50 CET 2014

On 14-11-26 02:09 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:
> Hi, Paul:
>

>        "if(!fda::CRAN())" runs code except with "R CMD check –as-cran".
> I use it so CRAN checks skip examples that (a) need the Internet or (b)
> take too long for CRAN.

Spencer

fda::CRAN() gives TRUE on my home machine, I think because I use several
variables like  _R_CHECK_HAVE_MYSQL_=TRUE to control whether some tests
get run. (Not all CRAN test servers have all resources.)

But, more importantly, wouldn't this strategy prevent CRAN from
automatically running more extensive testing of the examples if they
decided to do that sometimes?

Paul