[Rd] How can I use R-function in My C++ project ?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 15:22:19 CEST 2014

On 21/10/2014 8:14 AM, 黄博 wrote:
> Dear seniors:
>     I am a student in Nanjing Agricultural University of China.
>

>     I want to use the  function "optim"  of package stats in my C++ project. I have got the R.dll , R.def and R.lib,
>

> but I can't find the function prototypes of "optim" in R.def.
>
>     How  can  I  do ?  Is the Method I call R function in C++ with R.dll feasible ?  I hope to get your help ! Thanks

See section 6.8, "Optimization", in the Writing R Extensions manual.   I
believe these functions require all of R, not just the Rmath library
documented in the previous section.  If you want your C++ project to be
in control, it will need to act as a "front-end", documented in Chapter 8.

Duncan Murdoch