[Rd] "make check" fails on lapack.R and stats-Ex.R

Pacey, Mike m.pacey at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 12:14:15 CEST 2014

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the analysis on that, and I'll remember that test in future - I've not seen a rounding error quite so finely balanced before. I've been using the "-fp-model precise" advice referenced in that document for a while - apparently it wasn't sufficient for this case.

Thanks also to Brian for sanity checking the linear algebra results in a previous post, and apologies for my imprecise terminology.

Regards,
Mike.