[Rd] package checking apparently ok but R-forge version does not build

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Fri Oct 24 16:07:13 CEST 2014

> However on R-forge the package is in building stutus and actually it does not
> build.
> Any suggestion? Does everything depend on the missing documentation?
The advice I'd expect is to make sure there are neither errors no warnings, as CRAN guardians are (rightly) reluctant to tolerate either. And a package without documentation is unlikely to help anyone else much anyway - even the author, in six months time - so that really should be there.

A secondary issue might be a difference in R version; are you running your r cmd check with the R version currently used by R forge? The checks change over time and with R version.

Finally, have you checked the log on R forge to see whether the check is returning the same warnings/errors that you see locally?

S Ellison

This email and any attachments are confidential. Any use, copying or
disclosure other than by the intended recipient is unauthorised. If
immediately via +44(0)20 8943 7000 or notify postmaster at lgcgroup.com
and delete this message and any copies from your computer and network.
LGC Limited. Registered in England 2991879.
Registered office: Queens Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0LY, UK