[Rd] 'library' or 'require' call not declared from: 'rgl'

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Thu Oct 30 22:18:40 CET 2014

On 10/30/2014 4:19 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:
> Did you intend rgl to be optional? If so, then you should use Suggests: instead. When you use Imports: it will load rgl automatically so require() does't make sense (since it will be always TRUE).

I always had it as Suggests: rgl before.  But R-devel now gave be all
those "no visible global function definition for ..."
messages.

Achim suggested using explicitly rgl:: everywhere.  That's quite ugly,
but seems to work.

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods