[Rd] r wiki

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 9 15:48:10 CEST 2014

    > Yihui and Gábor, I agree with you, and I also think that
    > using Travis CI would be very nice. However, there are
    > hundreds of page on the R wiki to migrate… and syntax is a
    > little bit different than Markdown.

    > Of course, a solution would be to start again from
    > scratch, but I think that those who have contributed to
    > the R Wiki deserve more respect. Any suggestion, or idea
    > about this?

(and we have seen more on this thread ..)

As one contributor to the former wiki and maintainer of the
good olde mailing lists, I completely agree (with
Yihui and Gábor and you) that it's best to move it over to an
infrastructure which takes care of authentication of legitimate
users and protection from thieves burglers, spammers, and the like.

Markdown is definitely much better for R users (given knittr and
Rmd ..), and github is currently the place to host -- and once
it ceases to be that, markdown will be easier to migrate from.

Martin