[Rd] r wiki

Baptiste Auguie baptiste.auguie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:29:37 CEST 2014

One small technical issue currently limiting the deployment of true
reproducible wikis based on knitr + github-markdown is the lack of reverse
synchronisation between the rendered output (markdown), edited online, and
the original Rmd source. It think the combination of wiki features +
reproducible source code has great potential for community-driven
documentation (even for individual packages), but this relatively new
use-case for reproducible documents may highlight a limitation in knitr's
current framework [1].

On a more general note, and considering the positive sentiment toward
github in the R community, it might be a good time to register a
semi-official R-project organisation to regroup such initiatives,

https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-new-organization-account

In the long-run, it would be nice to centralise some valuable resources
that have appeared independently over the years, such as the R wiki, the R
graph gallery [?], the unofficial CRAN mirror [2], the unofficial r-source
mirror [3], and probably many others I forget or don't know about.

Regards,

baptiste

[1] related discussion here: https://github.com/yihui/knitr/issues/536
[?] http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/