[Rd] Can't Find Function After requireNamespace

Dario Strbenac dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Thu Sep 18 04:00:06 CEST 2014

I have a simple function :

f <- function()
{
  if(requireNamespace("ggplot2"))
    qplot(Sepal.Length, Petal.Length, data = iris, color = Species)
  else
    message("No graphics, just text.")
}

ggplot2 is in the Suggests field of the DESCRIPTION file. When I load the package, and run the function, I get an error :

> f()
Error in f() : could not find function "qplot"

I don't want all ggplot2 functions to be added to the search path, so I am not using require(ggplot2). How can I use it correctly ?

R version 3.1.1 (2014-07-10)
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)