[Rd] Intel Fortran compiler returns a -1 TRUE value

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Tue Sep 30 19:25:19 CEST 2014

In S+ and S it was valid to pass logicals to .Fortran, where they got
mapped into the
appropriate bit pattern.  (The trouble was that 'appropriate' was
compiled into the program -
so you were locked into our compiler vendor's choice).   Passing them
between Fortran
code and C code has always been a problem (as has passing character
data between them).

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com