[Rd] Redefining {

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:26:17 CEST 2015

On 17 Apr 2015, at 06:19 , Mick Jordan <mick.jordan at oracle.com> wrote:

> I am curious if anyone knows of R code where the "{" function is redefined in a useful way. Or "(" for that matter.

I sincerely would hope not....

Incidentally, I seem to recall that during the design of (new?) S, it was at some point the intention to specify vectors as (7, 9, 13) or [7, 9, 13] but the resulting semantic issues led the developers to choose the pure functional form c(7, 9, 13).

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com