[Rd] truncated warning messages

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Mon Apr 20 07:00:09 CEST 2015

On 04/17/2015 08:25 PM, Jeroen Ooms wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Hervé Pagès <hpages at fredhutch.org
> <mailto:hpages at fredhutch.org>> wrote:
>
>     As you can see the warning message is truncated so I can't see what
>     happened to these packages.
>

> In this case you could also increase options("warning.length")

and re-run my install.packages() command (which took about 30 minutes
to run) with the hope that this time I'll be able to see the entire
message? Even setting warning.length to the max (8170 on my machine),
might not be enough. Note that the workaround I used was to re-run
the command on only 1 of the packages listed in the warning message.
That does work and is quick!

Kind of a secondary point to me previous post is that displaying a
listing of thousand of things is not that useful, especially when you
cannot even copy/paste it to re-use at the command line (because of
the fancy quotes). But that's another story...

Cheers,
H.