[Rd] declaring dependencies of shiny app in inst/

Jombart, Thibaut t.jombart at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Aug 26 14:00:41 CEST 2015

Hi there

thanks for the answer.

Done. New thread there: https://goo.gl/17hsAa

>> On a related topic: are there plans of formally incorporating shiny apps in the structure of a R package, so that the checks will run through the code of the apps as well?

> No, but it would be very easy to do:  just write a function that tests
> those things, and call it from a script in the tests directory.

Yes, though in this case tests would merely check that the code can be sourced without error. I was thinking more of looking for unstated dependencies in code effectively used by the package, though indirectly. I guess it is only relevant if distributing shiny apps alongisde packages becomes common practice. I am not sure how trendy it is yet, but wouldn't be surprised to see it become increasingly frequent.

Cheers
Thibaut