[Rd] typo in src/library/stats/man/family.Rd: names of 'validmu' and 'valideta' ??

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 02:45:52 CET 2015

under "Details" (version 2015-11-29 r69717; not quite cutting-edge,
but nothing has changed in src/library/stats/man/family.Rd in 5 months
[sorry for using the Github mirror, but I prefer the interface ...
<https://github.com/wch/r-source/blob/trunk/src/library/stats/man/family.Rd>])
it says:

valid.mu: logical function.  Returns ‘TRUE’ if a mean vector ‘mu’ is
          within the domain of ‘variance’.

valid.eta: logical function.  Returns ‘TRUE’ if a linear predictor
          ‘eta’ is within the domain of ‘linkinv’.

However, the real names of these elements are "validmu" and "valideta"
(no dots); try names(poisson()) or names(binomial()) and see ...

   Can someone on R-core fix this and save me the trouble of filing a
bug report ... ?

  Or have I misunderstood something?

  cheers
    Ben Bolker