[Rd] static pdf vignette

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Feb 27 22:53:09 CET 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 4:05 AM, Kirill Müller
<kirill.mueller at ivt.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Perhaps the R.rsp package by Henrik Bengtsson [1,2] is an option.
>

> Cheers
>
> Kirill
>

> [1] http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/R.rsp/index.html
> [2] https://github.com/HenrikBengtsson/R.rsp

Yes, this use case is one of the rationale for providing the
R.rsp::asis vignette engine (and the R.rsp::tex one).  Just make sure
you try your best to provide the source in the *.tar.gz distribution,
which shouldn't be hard in this case since you're generating the PDF
from a (Sweave/knitr) vignette.  For instructions, see the R.rsp 'R
packages: Static PDF and HTML vignettes'.

Also, if it's not already clear, users who install your package do
*not* have to install vignette engine packages (here R.rsp), i.e.
you're not adding any overhead for them; it's only when you as a
package developer run 'R CMD build' that the vignette engine machinery
is needed.

/Henrik
(author of R.rsp)