[Rd] New version of Rtools for Windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:00:15 CET 2015

I have just uploaded to CRAN a new version 3.2.0.1948 of Rtools for
Windows.  This will become visible there in a few hours, and be copied
to mirrors thereafter.  People who want to build packages that include
compiled code can use this to supply the compilers, etc., that are
necessary for the build.  It also includes some extra materials for
people who want to build R itself.

This version includes only minor updates to the tools.  I indicated last
summer that I was hoping to update GCC from the current version 4.6.3
before the R 3.2.0 release, but this now looks unlikely, unless someone
else with experience building it can help.
(I need a new build script for it that I can run, not just a binary
copy.  So far I have been unsuccessful in updating the scripts
inhttp://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/Rtools/multilib/multi.zip , or finding
other scripts online that work.)

Duncan Murdoch