[Rd] R under deveoplment CMD check note " ... used in a situation where it does not exist"

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 03:15:30 CET 2015

Hi all,

just installed the current version of R-devel (2015-01-13 r67453) from
CRAN. Package checking via CMD check suddenly prints a lot of notes
that complain of ... used in a situation where it does not exist. A
prototypical example is

fa = function(...)
{
  fb(...)
}

where fa and fb are defined and available functions.

I haven't seen this note before on my package, so something changed in
R-devel - did I miss something in the NEWS? I looked for something
relating to ... but didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks,

Peter