[Rd] bquote/evalq behavior changed in R-3.2.1

Dayne Filer dayne.filer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 21:35:19 CEST 2015

In 3.1.2 eval does not store the result of the bquote-generated call in the
given environment. Interestingly, in 3.2.1 eval does store the result of
the bquote-generated call in the given environment.

In other words if I run the given example with eval rather than evalq, on
3.1.2 "x" is never stored in "fenv," but it is when I run the same code on
3.2.1. However, the given example stores "x" in "fenv" on 3.1.2, but throws
the error I gave when run on 3.2.1.

To give credit, I received the idea for using evalq from SO:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/22559385

Dayne