[Rd] Lack of protection bug in current R release candidate

Radford Neal radford at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Jun 15 16:11:33 CEST 2015

>     > The current R release candidate has a lack of protect bug
>     > (of very long standing)
>
> [ but not really reported,  right ? ]

It's "long standing" because it exists in versions of R going
back many years.

> but the R 3.2.1 release candidate probably really cannot be
> touched now, with something non-trivial like this.
>
> We'd be *very* happy to get such problems during alpha or beta
> testing phase (or even before).

I'm not sure what you mean to imply here, but for your information,
I reported the bug to r-devel within about an hour of finding
what caused it.  (I'd noticed the symptoms a few days before, but
hadn't isolated the cause.)

   Radford Neal