[Rd] Notes on building a gcc toolchain for Rtools (but not multilib)

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 16:11:05 CET 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang <tangoh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also worked off R-devel (I said wrongly that it was R-patched in my
> original post) and benefited from your compatibility changes.

Hsiu-Khuern, using your suggest filter in NM, I was able to build Rcpp
in the R_devel compiled with Gcc 4.9.2/win32/seh last night, and I saw
around a 10%-15% speedup in Rcpp performance (and R performance in
general) from the 3.1.2 version I compiled with Rtool 4.6.3. That may
be related to inherent optimizations in 4.9.2 vs 4.6.3, it may be
related to seh vs sjlj, or it may be related to passing gnu++11
instead of gnu++0x, I don't know. I do know it was the same code on
the same machine, for what it is worth.

Thank you,

Avi