[Rd] Rtools version 3.3.0.1957 looking for C even though RTOOLS variable is pointing elsewhere

Avraham Adler avraham.adler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 04:15:23 CET 2015

Good evening.

Testing the most recent version of Rtools, the build stops about when
text.c is being compiled in the tools package (just after R.Lapack). The
compilation is looking for gcc in C:, even though RTOOLS is set for another
drive, and the compilation has successfully run until this point. This did
not happen last night with version 1955.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Rtools three times, I have
F:/R/Rtools/gcc492_64/bin as the first entry in my path, and I do not have
a Makevars file in my user directory that could possibly override it, so I
am at a loss as to why this happening. The specific error is brought below.

Thank you,

Avi

F:/R/Rtools/gcc492_64/bin/windres    -i dllversion.rc -o dllversion.o
F:/R/Rtools/gcc492_64/bin/gcc -std=gnu99  -shared -s  -o lapack.dll
lapack.def Lapack.o dllversion.o
 -L../../../bin/x64 -lRlapack -lRblas -lR
cp lapack.dll ../../../modules/x64/lapack.dll
building package 'base'
building package 'tools'
making text.d from text.c
C:/Rtools/gcc492_64/bin/gcc: not found