[Rd] vignette checking woes

Roger Koenker rkoenker at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 26 17:42:14 CET 2015

> On Mar 26, 2015, at 8:50 AM, Martyn Plummer <plummerM at iarc.fr> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 15:12 -0500, Roger Koenker wrote:
>> Thierry,
>>
>> I have this:
>>
>> if (require(MatrixModels) && require(Matrix)) {
>>   X <- model.Matrix(Terms, m, contrasts, sparse = TRUE)
>
> You have this in the current release, which does not show this problem
> in the CRAN tests. This, and the fact that you can build the vignette
> manually, suggests that there is a problem with your checking
> environment.
>
> Did you set up a special checking environment in ~/.R/check.Renviron ?
> Does it set R_LIBS?

No, not that I can find.  But I agree that there seems to be something fishy.  Another
bit of evidence for this is fact that R CMD build gives me:

* creating vignettes ... ERROR
Rscript execution error: No such file or directory

so I've been building with the --no-build-vignettes flag...

Many thanks, for your suggestions,
Roger