[Rd] IdntoAscii issue with KERNEL32.dll on 64-bit R on Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2

Vinh Nguyen vinhdizzo at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:38:18 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the MSDN page for that function, it mentions that you need a header file and DLL to use it in XP or Server 2003.   You might try downloading the DLL to see if it works for you automagically; I think it's unlikely we will put in code to special case that version in the general release of R, as Microsoft is abandoning it as of July this year.

Thanks Duncan.  I downloaded the files from
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd318149%28v=vs.85%29.aspx,
extracted, and installed (idndl.amd64.exe); don't think the header
files were copied/moved anywhere.  The error still persists after
restarting the server.

Any other thoughts?  Thanks.

-- Vinh