[Rd] Wrongly checked MD5 checksums in R 3.2.0's windows binary

Tal Galili tal.galili at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:35:30 CEST 2015

Hi Duncan,
Thank you for the clarification. :)

I ended up removing these files from being scanned in the updated version
of installr. I would rather focus on supporting an MD5 scan that is based
on what is listed in MD5 file itself (ignoring exceptions that are not
clearly stated in the file).

----------------Contact
Contact me: Tal.Galili at gmail.com |
www.r-statistics.com (English)

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/05/2015 8:35 AM, Tal Galili wrote:
>
>> Thank you Duncan, Peter and Martin for the responses.
>>
>> Just to mention that the code is based on tools::md5sum, and the issue
>> can be reproduced (in Windows) using:
>>
>> if(!require(installr)) install.packages("installr")
>> installr::checkMD5sums2(dir=R.home())
>>
>>  I think you didn't understand my post.  It's a bug in your code: you
> need to compare the md5sum value to the ones I mentioned, not just to the
> one listed in the MD5 file.
>
> Duncan Murdoch

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]