[Rd] Alternative for wildcard gnu extension in Makevars

Kevin Ushey kevinushey at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:10:49 CEST 2015

One other solution that's only a little crazy: you could have a R
function within your package that generates the appropriate (portable)
Makevars, and within the package `configure` script call that
function. For example"

    R --vanilla --slave -e "source('R/makevars.R'); makevars()"

And that 'makevars()' function could generate portable
'Makevars(.win)' files for your package.

Kevin