[Rd] CRAN check for package on Sparc Solaris

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Fri May 15 11:57:27 CEST 2015

Yes, I did read that part but it doesn't say anything about who to contact in case one doesn't have access to a Sparc Solaris machine, but one still wants to run the tests on that architecture. As I said, I think I got the issue resolved, but before I resubmit, I would prefer to check this -- I am ultimately just trying to avoid potentially wasting people's time here.

As for Linux x86_64 without long doubles. Is this something that is part of the checks here?

http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_metafor.html

Doesn't seem that way. But is this still part of the CRAN checks?

I can of course simply assume/hope that the issue, which is now hopefully resolved on Sparc Solaris, is the same that caused problems for Linux x86_64 without long doubles and that is then also hopefully resolved. Or I could hope that another kind soul with a compiled version of R on Linux x86_64 with --disable-long-double is willing to give the new tarball a whirl.