[Rd] NEWS.md support on CRAN

Imanuel Costigan i.costigan at me.com
Sun May 24 03:15:59 CEST 2015

While a parsed HTML version of the NEWS.md file would be nice, I would like something much simpler: being able to "see” this file in the Help pane in RStudio or being about to run something like show_news(“packagename”). Duncan mentioned issues with the news() function being able to process metadata represented in the Md file. What is the motivation of this structure?