[Rd] Conditional importFrom (roxygen?)

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 4 16:10:41 CEST 2015

Folks:

I am getting a build failure when I:
#' @importFrom utils shortPathName

which roxygenizes it to the NAMESPACE.

I suspect this is because this particular function is Windows-only, but I'm
a bit confused how I should "properly" importFrom a function like this so
it doesn't cause a build failure, but I don't get a note in my R CMD CHECK
if I DON'T have it:

gdal_setInstallation : correctPath: no visible global function
  definition for 'shortPathName'
gdalinfo: no visible global function definition for 'glob2rx'
gdallocationinfo: no visible global function definition for
  'write.table'
gdaltransform: no visible global function definition for 'write.table'
get_subdatasets: no visible global function definition for 'glob2rx'
mosaic_rasters: no visible global function definition for 'write.table'
Undefined global functions or variables:
  glob2rx shortPathName write.table
Consider adding
  importFrom("utils", "glob2rx", "shortPathName", "write.table")
to your NAMESPACE.

I'll note my function actually first checks to see what OS is running, and
doesn't use this function on non-Windows machines, so having this function
does not cause any actual errors:

if (.Platform$OS.type=="windows")

{

x <- shortPathName(x)

} else

{

x <- path.expand(x)

}

Is there a way to do a conditional importFrom based on the OS?  Or can I
safely ignore this (I'm trying to submit to CRAN).

--j

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]