[Rd] authorship and citation

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Tue Oct 6 23:52:33 CEST 2015

Dear Gabriel,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:39 AM, Gabriel Becker <gmbecker at ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> [...]
>

>> I apologize for pushing this topic to the limit, but I haven't got an
>> answer to this question yet...
>>

> With respect, not receiving the answer you wanted isn't the same as not
> receiving an answer.

I very much appreciate your patience with me, and I am grateful for it.
The question is I believe very important, for I would like to avoid
submitting a new version of the package only to be told that I did
something wrong.

As so many other packages seem to have a lot of flexibility in compiling
the citation file, what I am inquiring is: will I be prosecuted for
submitting a new version which doesn't include all the authors in the
citation file, especially since the other author is no longer contributing?
(let's say I will provide a single author, published journal article,
referring specifically to this package).

The work of the other author is duly acknowledged in his position in the
authors' list.
As I previously wrote, citing Dusa and Other (2015) implies equal citation
rights for unequal work, a thing that I am uncomfortable with. There is a
huge amount of work being involved in this subsequent version, to which the
former author didn't contribute anything at all...

Best wishes,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa